I was came late about 15 mins. When i reach there , i can feel the positive energy from thier staff. I love that ! So i register my name at the chic counter. The lady gave me a "hand-fan" .Then she managed to get a seat for me but with media friends table.One thing i like the environment, when people came into their restaurant they will shout something in Japanese word. I think it means" Welcome to Ippudo" . And the staff very friendly.
What they served me ?
Here there are :-
1) Goma Q
- Very fresh Japanese cucumber with sesame !
2) Curry Cheese Haru Maki
- OMG !! I love this ! It's a deep-fried curry spring rolls ! - A MUST TRY !
3) Pork Bun
- This is my favourite ! And all the time favourite dishes at all branch. Ita steamed bun with braised pork and Ippudo's original sauce.
- I love this too. It 's IPPUDO's original tonkutsu broth served with ultra thin noodles, belly chashu, bean sprout, kikurage and spring onion. This is Classic HAKATA style ramen !
5) Akamaru Shinaji
-The special blended miso paste and fragrant garlic oil. Its modern style ramen.
- Its a bit spicy miso & ground pork.
7) Spicy Shrimp Mayo
- Love love love !Its something lightly-battered and deep fried succelent prawns. I love the sauce too.
8)Hakata style Soup Gyoza
- More to ginger taste. Original tonkutsu broth with boiled gyoza
9) Crispy Corn
- Smoked-taste corn, crisp and addictive !
10) Green Tea cold is my drink ! Very healthy.
Anyway , Let me share some facts about Ippudo.
1. Ippudo means " ONE WIND HALL " . It because at the same time , there were dark clouds over the kyushu ramen industry and Kawahara intended to blow wind and revolutionise the era.
2. The first restaurant opened in 1985 in Fukuoka City by Shigemi Kawahara. Kawahara is a Ramen King in 2005 and place in a Ramen Hall Of Fame after winning the championship 3 timesin 1995 - 1998 .
3. The first oversea restaurant opened in New York City ( East Village ) in 2008. Then followed by Singapore in 2009 . But they have 2 branch in Singapore. Located at Mandarin Orchard Singapore and UE Square Shopping Mall. Then Hong Kong opened Ippudo branch at Silvercord in 2011.
4. There are over 65 stores in Japan and globally places such Seoul, Taipei, Sydney and latest one is Kuala Lumpur.
5. For your info , it's non - halal restaurant.
Actually ,. the grand opening for Ippudo Kuala Lumpur is on 21 February 2013 . I was so lucky and thankful to be invited for their food review.
In Kuala Lumpur branch , they serve as below menu :
Ramen Menu :
- Shiromaru Motoaji
- Akamaru Shinaji
- Spicy Karaka-men
Cold Appetizer & Salad :
- Avocado & Shrimp Wasabi Mayo
- Goma Q
- Nira Chashu
- Teriyaki Chicken Salad
- Nikumiso Tofu Salad
Hot Appetizer :
- Fried Young Corn
- Yaki Edamame
- Curry Cheese Harumaki
- Chicken Karaage
- Pork Bun
Ala- Carte :
- Ippudo Pan Fried Gyoza
- Teppan Chashu
- Hakata Style Soup Gyoza
- Spicy Shrimp Mayo
- Bakuretsu Tofu
- Aji Onigiri
- Hakata Meshi
- Unagi Rice with Wasabi
Drinks ( Reconmended ) :
- Yamazaki ( Whisky )
- Black Sesame Ice Cream
- Green Tea Ice Cream
- Yuzu Sorbet
Chef's Reconmended Menu.:-
After the food review done , they have some quiz to us. It's all about IPPUDO. And i won it ! Happy that i did a research first at the afternoon about Ippudo. Actually i didnt expect they a 10 quiz for us.But i made it. So my luck !
The media friends and I .
What i've got ? Jeng Jeng Jeng ! All the way from Ippudo , Japan !
Here my new media friends ! They are so lovely and talkactive ! Had so much fun with them.
1st Top Picture from Left : Ky Teoh ( Malaysian Food & Travel Blogger ) , Haze Leong ( artist ) and the other one im so sorry i forgot your name ! But i remember your face ! And we have chemistry in Japanese food !
2nd Bottom : What i've got ! I won for the quiz !
3rd Right picture : The guy announce in Japanese language. But with the translator next to him. =)
Connection Level 4
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
Contact No: 03 2110 6233